HEALTHCARE DEVELOPMENT IS A KEY PRIORITY FOR
BAYELSA STATE TARGETING URBAN AND RURAL COMMUNITIES.
The Bayelsa State Government seeks investors to bridge any deficit in this sector.
Medical facilities in the State:
- Federal Medical Centre in the State Capital, Yenagoa.
- A Teaching Hospital attached to the State owned Niger Delta University, Okolobiri.
- Bayelsa State Medical University, Yenagoa.
- A WHO approved Model Management Hospital (Diete-Koki Memorial Hospital|)
- A total of 28 Health Centres spread throughout the State.
- Diagnostic Center and Forensics Lab, Yenagoa.
KEY INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
- Outsourcing of Hospital Management and Administration
- Supply Chain Management
- Waste Management
- Ambulance services
- Partnerships on facility maintenance
- Management of specialised healthcare training facilities
- Development of specialised healthcare training facilities
- Development of general hospitals in each of the 8 Local Government Areas of the State
- Regeneration of existing Hospitals
- Developing new Hospitals
- Medical Tourism
- Partnering with international Hospitals
- Developing community health insurance schemes
- Primary, secondary and tertiary health infrastructure
- Training of medical staff