Comparative advantage in several industrial sectors including power generation, petro-chemicals, refineries, agro-allied processing activities such as:
- Provides 1/3 of Nigeria’s oil wealth
- 40% of onshore crude oil production
- 60% of the Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) resource
- Safe-City Video Surveillance Security System. First of its kind in Nigeria.
- Natural access point for international trade for West Africa and the Gulf of Guinea
- The largest gas reserves in Nigeria, exceeding 18 trillion cubic feet
- One of the largest crude oil deposits in Nigeria.
- Excellent access to the Atlantic Ocean including a natural deep-sea port.
- Resident to ATALA OML- 46 oil field operated by the state owned “Bayelsa Oil & Gas Company”
- Host to the Shell Petroleum Development Company’s world- class $4 billion gas gathering facility located at Gbaran-Ubie (the largest investment made by the Shell Petroleum Development Company in Africa).
- Greatly endowed with vast reserves of oil and gas and other mining resources.
- Endowed with vast agricultural resources and abundant labor.
- Fertile soils, vast amounts of land available for cultivation of rice production and other cash crops, and the ability to have up to 3 seasons per year.
Bayelsa on the rise